What is the project?
The 04 Project follows, analyses, and evaluates the in-game individual and team performance of Bayer 04 Leverkusen, the German football club that plays in the Bundesliga since the 2017/18 season.
The analysis utilizes a variety of Data Science techniques and in-game metrics. The insights of the project can be utilized by all relevant stakeholders of a club (such as coaching and medical staff, players, management and owners) in order to track the team’s performance over different categories.
What’s the goal of the project?
Through interactive reports, Statathlon’s 04 Project provides the manager with the ability to directly monitor the team, as well as have an in-depth analysis of the club’s performance, strengths and weaknesses. Specifically, the aims and objectives of the 04 Project are to:
- Provide an in-depth understanding of the different impact that various statistical categories have, and find the correlations that exist between them.
- Assess each Player’s performance in order to find his strengths and weaknesses, as well as his progress throughout a season.
- Provide the coaching staff with useful recommendations regarding Team strengths and weaknesses. Outcomes of the analysis may be used to determine if there are any specific aspects where there should be intensified focus during training.
- Find out how certain players perform in games against teams of different characteristics, in order to adjust tactics accordingly.
- Provide suggestions regarding potential incoming transfers, thus aiming to improve the overall performance of the club.
What data do we use?
The 04 Project evaluates the performance of a club as a whole but also in a more individual manner. For this reason, data collected concern team as well as player performance, from which a first analysis is conducted.
Next, a second, more detailed, research is carried out where Statathlon’s own unique individual and team indexes are evaluated, and create a thorough profile of the club.
The 04 Project also provides mental, technical and physical attributes for each player individually so that the manager can make quick comparisons.
What is the end product?
The 04 Project consists of two monthly reports. The first report is with regard to the team’s performance during the particular month, and how it has changed (for better or worse) during the season.
The second report provides a performance evaluation of selected players for an upcoming match in a head-to-head comparison.
In addition, 04 Project provides salient information with pre-, mid- and post-game analyses.
What was the project’s breakthrough so far?
With its unique advanced indexes the 04 Project can provide valuable insight, both team and individual, in several aspects of the game. The 04 Project is a prerequisite for the long-term sustainability of a soccer club.
Should you desire a significant performance surge, feel free to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.